This white paper by the MAPS Executive Consortium synthesizes the views of senior global Medical Affairs leaders to provide a unified vision for the future of Medical Affairs in society, industry, teams and as individuals.
This paper explores the Medical Affairs-based medical insights function and and identifies basic operational elements required to establish medical insights as a core strategic MA function.
What is Medical Affairs and what does it do in the biopharmaceutical and MedTech industries? Who works in Medical Affairs and what skills do you need to succeed? Find out in this essential guide to understanding, joining and thriving in Medical Affairs.
In this white paper, MedComms, Field Medical and Insights Focus Area Working Groups (FAWGs) demonstrate the value of and elucidate best practices for an insights-driven collaborative approach to creating an iMC S/P.
Instruction will include a limited number of plenary sessions focused on general launch principles that apply to all types of launches. The majority of program time (>65%) will be spent in small group interactive workshops and table discussions, where participants will have the opportunity to join peers with specific interests and needs, such as launch planning for big pharma, first time launches, or medical/diagnostic device launches.
REGISTER NOW FOR A CITY NEAR YOU!
THANK YOU TO OUR EXCLUSIVE EVENT SPONSOR
Medical Affairs Professionals who are part of a launch planning team
Professionals looking to gain local, regional & global market level perspective
Executives looking to engage with other industry Thought Leaders across Big Pharma, Biotech & Devices
A bespoke learning framework created by the largest industry group of Launch Excellence Medical Affairs experts from across the globe
A unique opportunity to develop skills that push your organization forward
Continued, ongoing benefits including access to online learning materials and networking opportunities
Unique 2-day program with built-in commute time
Thought Leader insights and peer-to-peer discussions
Review case studies in a practical workshop environment
Interactive, educational setting with tangible applicability for you and your team
Empower individuals and teams for optimal professional growth
Share best practice across Leaders within Medical Affairs
Examine the role of multichannel/omnichannel working within Launch Excellence
Network with peers
FACULTY – SAN DIEGO MASTERCLASS
Additional Faculty to be Confirmed Soon
After participating in the Launch Excellence MasterClass program, participants should be better able to:
- Understand the expanding Medical Affairs leadership role in Launch Excellence and how Medical Affairs expertise should be leveraged throughout the process to maximize value
- Identify core components of a successful launch from a company and learn from external stakeholders’ preferences
- Demonstrate cross-functional collaboration and alignment on shared goals and expectations when working across internal and external stakeholder networks
- Supporting the optimization of tools, systems and processes to elevate organizational launch capabilities and readiness with clear roles and responsibilities for strategic and implementation objectives
- Address current real-world launch challenges driven by an accelerated shift to digital and remote working through case studies and live discussion
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS MASTERCLASS
Each day begins at 10:00 and adjourns at 17:00.
MONDAY, November 7th
(37% presentations; 63% discussion/working sessions; will include breaks)
- The Critical Role of Medical Affairs in Launch Success
- An overview of the role of Medical Affairs in launch readiness, starting at T-48 months
- Discuss metrics to demonstrate value/success
- Digital Innovation Driving Medical Affairs Launch Excellence
- Highlight digital transformation acceleration, shift in customer expectations, and impact on launch strategy
- Discuss the omnichannel approach, digital opinion leaders, virtual/hybrid engagements/meetings, social media engagement/listening, publication digital enhancements
- Launch Strategy: Case Study & Working Session
- The Role of Global, Regional and Local Medical Affairs in Evidence Generation and T-24 Planning
- Highlight the relationship between Clinical and Medical
- Summarize pre- and post-regulatory data needs for Clinical (preclinical, phase 1–3) and Medical Affairs (PROs, RWE, HEOR, investigator-initiated studies, patient involvement in evidence generation planning and execution) and practical differences between regions (cultures, reimbursement, HEOR data needs)
- Evidence Generation Planning: Working Sessions
17:00-18:00: Evening Networking Reception
TUESDAY, November 8th
10:00-13:30: Data Dissemination and Engagement
(35% presentations; 65% discussion/working sessions; will include breaks)
- Leveraging Strategic Storytelling to Optimize Data Dissemination
- Discuss essentials of strategic storytelling and omnichannel dissemination
- Guidance on how to assess external audience channel preferences
- Discuss which types of information are most valuable and inform their decision making
- Discuss the role of social media and compliance guardrails
- Field Medical Strategy
- The Evolving Role of Field Medical in Launch Excellence
- Patient Centricity: Shifting from Buzzword to Actionable Plan
- Industry expert will discuss how patient centricity has evolved and the role of Medical Affairs in presenting the patient voice
- Patient expert will highlight practical ways to collaborate and co-create with patients
- Data Dissemination and Engagement: Working Session
- Evolving Organizational Models
- Provide an overview of various organizational models, how these are evolving, and the impact on launch planning/execution
- Industry Trends Shaping Our Organizations
- Discuss key trends and associated evolving capabilities and technologies
- Identify which trends may have the biggest influence on your organizations
- How to Organize Your Medical Affairs Department to Succeed – Working Session
LOCATION & HOUSING
Hotel Republic San Diego Autograph Collection Accommodations at the negotiated group rate are limited. You may reserve your accommodations at the reservations link below.
421 W B St.
San Diego, CA 92101
Group discounted rate: $189 USD per night.
Last Day to Book at Group Rate (pending availability): Friday, November 21, 2022
Hotel Republic San Diego Autograph Collection
Accommodations at the negotiated group rate are limited.
You may reserve your accommodations at the reservations link below.
If you have already registered, the accommodations reservations link will be emailed to you as soon as it becomes available.
REGISTRATION PRICING & SCHEDULE
(INCLUDES 1 YEAR MAPS MEMBERSHIP)
|TEAMS OF 5 OR MORE REGISTERING AT THE SAME TIME||$1,350 USD EACH (MEMBERS)|
$1,500 USD EACH (NON-MEMBERS)
|SOLUTION PROVIDER-MEMBERS||$1,950 USD|
|SOLUTION PROVIDER-NON-MEMBERS (INCLUDES 1 YEAR MAPS MEMBERSHIP)||$2,150 USD|
Industry is defined as those currently employed by a life sciences company (pharma, biotech, medical & diagnostic devices), MA professionals with prior employment at a life sciences company but currently in between jobs, or independent MA consultants (not part of a consulting firm/agency) with previous employment in a life sciences or medical device company.
A RECOGNIZED STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE
MAPS is a globally recognized leader in education, training and best practice sharing – setting the standards for Medical Affairs excellence for over 9,000 members from 270+ companies, including 27 official industry partner companies (and counting). A certificate of completion will be provided at the conclusion of the MasterClass. In addition, an online workspace for the MasterClass cohort will be created immediately following the program for one year to allow continued best practice sharing, Q&A, and co-learning from peers in the cohort.