The strategic mission and objectives of the Medical Affairs Professional Society Field Medical Focus Area Working Group are to create a community that advances our role as field medical professionals to promote the growth of Medical Affairs Professionals worldwide; to develop our field medical community within MAPS to become the premier global destination of choice for field medical MA Professionals; and to catalyze our individual personal leadership development and professional career advancement.
We will organize workshops relevant for field medical for MAPS meetings in the North America, APAC (Asia Pacific – China/Japan), and EMEA (Europe, Middle-East, Asia) regions. We develop original content for webinars, podcasts, eLearning courses and white papers. In addition, the working group will periodically contribute cogent and timely content on the practice of field medical for the MAPS publication, Elevate magazine. Most importantly, we will provide a supportive resource for all field medical Medical Affairs Professionals.
- Metrics/KPIs: Provide guidance on appropriate metrics and KPIs for field medical
- Advancing Field Based Medical Skills: Enrich MSL and MSL manager professional development by enhancing skills that will enable field medical to have greater impact with the HCPs and patients that they engage
- Future of the MSL Role: Define the value and communicating the future role of field medical to internal/external stakeholders
- Navigating Tools and Systems: Identify and leverage tools, data, and systems to enable field medical in their role of scientific exchange and delivery of key data that ultimately improves patient outcomes
- Talent Management: Assess and define strategies to obtain and retain field talent and leadership