Continuing Education Mission Statement
In alignment with the overall organizational mission, the continuing education team of the Medical Affairs Professional Society (MAPS) provides high quality educational activities and services to develop and enrich the knowledge, skills, and capabilities of Medical Affairs professionals.
The MAPS continuing education team, under the direction of the Director of Learning and Development, includes the CE/T Planner, the Learning and Development Committee, and Focus Area Work Groups.
- Develop guidelines to generate industry standards;
- Align educational activities with identified industry needs and gaps;
- Highlight and communicate best practices that promote excellence across Medical Affairs functions;
- Build capabilities and provide a platform to support the skills and educational development of Medical Affairs professionals across the experience spectrum for beginners in the field to those who are well-seasoned;
- Create and provide accessible course offerings in a variety of formats, including in-person conferences, specialized training, virtual sessions, and self-paced eLearning;
- Aim to ultimately improve patient outcomes through its talent development opportunities.