The MAPS Digital Focus Area Working Group is a forum to build knowledge and share best practices. The goal is to support the Medical Affairs organization’s efforts to embrace digital innovation through webinars, training, white papers, and best practice sharing. This Focus Area group will leverage other thought-leader forums to share insights and learnings – both successes and failures – across Medical Affairs organizations.
- Organize workshops for MAPS meetings in the North America, APAC (Asia Pacific – China/Japan), and EMEA (Europe, Middle-East, Asia) regions.
- Ensure understanding of the current state of digital innovation as it relates to the Medical Affairs function, and the needs of Medical Affairs professionals.
- Build an understanding of digital opportunity for Medical Affairs professionals and important aspects of a digital-ready culture.
- Engage experts both inside and outside of pharma, to share their expertise and help Medical Affairs professionals better understand the digital opportunity.
- Bring case examples to MAPS members to stimulate ideas and applicable innovations in Medical Affairs functional areas such as Medical Information and Field Medical.
- Build Medical Affairs digital capabilities with specific focus on improving external digital engagement experience and advanced analytics.
- Build an understanding of digital technologies for Medical Affairs professionals: Develop foundational primers and curriculum of technologies such as AI, NLP, ML for Medical Affairs
- Build an understanding of the opportunity and important aspects of a digital-ready culture to drive the digital transformation of Medical Affairs:
- Engage experts both inside and outside of pharma, to share their expertise and help Medical Affairs professionals better understand the digital & data opportunities, important aspects of building a digital-ready culture andstrategic approach to digital transformation
- Bring digital innovation examples across pharma and other industries to MAPS members to stimulate ideas and applicable innovations in Medical Affairs functional areas
- Shine a spotlight on Medical Affairs digital capabilities that are focused on improving customer experience, artificial intelligence and advanced analytics
- Be on the forefront of digital innovation and transformation by evaluating and assessing new trends, disruptive technologies and their application to Medical Affairs