We aim to realize our values through or by:
- Fostering a culture of open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness among individuals and groups.
- Actively building a community whose members have diverse cultures, backgrounds, and life experiences.
- Providing effective leadership in the development, coordination, implementation and assessment of a comprehensive array of programs and services to promote diversity and understanding of differences.
- Creating and maintaining opportunities for engagement, education, and discourse related to issues of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Identifying and building awareness of competencies which are essential for creating environments enriched with diverse views and people.
- Providing educational opportunities toward the development of socially responsible leaders who are willing to engage in the discourse and decision-making that can lead to transformational change.
- Establishing and maintaining the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Working Group to promote social justice and diversity in all Society activities.
- Working alongside the DEI Working Group to especially include greater diversity of speakers and experts at our events and in our communications, including racial and gender diversity, LGBTQIA+ representation, and people of different ages, socioeconomic backgrounds, and other underrepresented identities in the Medical Affairs community. This will involve not only expanding our outreach strategy for speaker/expert opportunities, but addressing internal factors such as the topics we cover, access barriers, and making our environments, both digital and physical, welcoming to diverse perspectives from our under-represented colleagues across the globe.
- Reaching beyond the Society to establish beneficial relationships with individual and institutional partners who share mutual goals and interests.