Clinical Statistics for Non-Statisticians (Part 1 of 2)
This series will provide you with tools to critically process and analyze medical scientific literature. You will get a good understanding of basic statistical concepts and theory that enable you to explain, understand and interpret data. These Webinars are practical and based on published articles and the analysis of these. You will work with the theory in practice to increase your understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the statistics in scientific literature.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES – Part 1
- To define some terminologies in statistics
- To explain different types of data (quantitative vs. qualitative)
- To describe different ways in presenting summary data (such as proportions, means, medians, range and standard deviation)
- To explain 95% confidence intervals
- Bivariate analyses and appropriate statistical testing for quantitative and qualitative variables