The session follows the spirit of the first two Global Town Halls in guiding MAPS members toward the new world of Medical Affairs beyond the pandemic. The focus of this three-part series of Global Town Halls led by Tamas Koncz, MD, MSc, PhD, Chief Medical Officer for Inflammation and Immunology at Pfizer, is the opportunity for Strategic Leadership for the Medical Affairs function in the rapidly evolving health care landscape. Having discussed Evidence Generation and Dissemination at the first event, then Digital Innovation and the evolution of the Field Medical role at the second, the last session will focus on Medical Affairs Capabilities that are required to strategically position our profession for strategic leadership as well as on Strategic Insight Generation in a virtual and “hybrid” world. The Global Town Hall will feature subject matter experts as speakers joined by senior industry leaders for the discussion panel.
As Medical Affairs professionals, we are uniquely positioned to engage in meaningful and substantial peer-to-peer relationships with healthcare professionals, while we have the responsibility to ensure the safe and effective use of medicines, vaccines and medical devices, and bring actionable insights from HCPs back to our industry. The last chapter of the MAPS Global Town Hall series “An Opportunity for Medical Affairs Strategic Leadership During the Pandemic and Beyond” will further increase MAPS members’ and other participants’ ability to take advantage of this unique opportunity for the benefit of patients.
Moderator: Tamas Koncz, MD, MSc, PhD, Chief medical Officer for Inflammation and Immunology, Pfizer
Capabilities Speaker: Alexander von Faber, Head PDMA Competency Development, Roche
Strategic Insights Speakers: Sanaz Cardoza, Senior Director, Mallinckrodt
- Alexander von Faber, Head PDMA Competency Development, Roche
- Sanaz Cardoza, Senior Director, Mallinckrodt
- Tamas Koncz, MD, MSc, PhD, Chief Medical Officer for Inflammation and Immunology, Pfizer
- Charlotte Kremer, MD, MBA, EVP and Head of Medical Affairs, Astellas
- Danie du Plessis, MD, MBA, EVP Medical Affairs, Kyowa Kirin International
- Kirk Shepard, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Head of Global Medical Affairs, SVP OBG, Eisai
The objectives of this Global Town Hall are:
- Define best practices for the strategic use of insights post-pandemic
- Identify new and emerging capabilities requirements for Medical Affairs teams
- Highlights opportunities for Medical Affairs strategic leadership
- Offer global thought-leader perspective via panel discussion on attendees’ areas of interest
Moderator: Tamas Koncz, MD, MSc, PhD
Speaker: Sanaz Cardoza
Speaker: Alex von Faber
Speaker: Charlotte Kremer, MD, MBA,
Speaker: Danie du Plessis, MD, MBA
Speaker: Kirk Shepard, MD
Share with Colleagues
MAPS is offering a FREE 30-day trial membership to access this Global Town Hall. No credit card is required for activation and the membership will automatically cancel at the end of the 30 day trial period. Consider sharing this event with non-MAPS colleagues!