The MAPS Digital Focus Area Working Group is a forum to build knowledge and share best practices. The goal is to support the Medical Affairs organization’s efforts to embrace digital innovation through webinars, training, white papers, and best practice sharing. This Focus Area group will leverage other thought-leader forums to share insights and learnings – both successes and failures – across Medical Affairs organizations.
- Organize workshops for MAPS meetings in the North America, APAC (Asia Pacific – China/Japan), and EMEA (Europe, Middle-East, Asia) regions.
- Ensure understanding of the current state of digital innovation as it relates to the Medical Affairs function, and the needs of Medical Affairs professionals.
- Build an understanding of digital opportunity for Medical Affairs professionals and important aspects of a digital-ready culture.
- Engage experts both inside and outside of pharma, to share their expertise and help Medical Affairs professionals better understand the digital opportunity.
- Bring case examples to MAPS members to stimulate ideas and applicable innovations in Medical Affairs functional areas such as Medical Information and Field Medical.
- Build Medical Affairs digital capabilities with specific focus on improving external digital engagement experience and advanced analytics.
#1 Build an understanding of digital technologies for Medical Affairs professionals: Develop foundational primers and curriculum of technologies such as AI, NLP, ML for Medical Affairs
#2 Build an understanding of the opportunity and important aspects of a digital-ready culture to drive the digital transformation of Medical Affairs:
- Engage experts both inside and outside of pharma, to share their expertise and help Medical Affairs professionals better understand the digital & data opportunities, important aspects of building a digital-ready culture andstrategic approach to digital transformation
- Bring digital innovation examples across pharma and other industries to MAPS members to stimulate ideas and applicable innovations in Medical Affairs functional areas
- Shine a spotlight on Medical Affairs digital capabilities that are focused on improving customer experience, artificial intelligence and advanced analytics
- Be on the forefront of digital innovation and transformation by evaluating and assessing new trends, disruptive technologies and their application to Medical Affairs
ED, Head of IT, Global Medical Affairs and Hematology & Cell Therapy
Medical Affairs Professional Society
SVP Business Development
Medical Affairs Professional Society
Digital & Innovation Medical Communication Senior ManagerMedical Affairs Professional Society
Mary Alice Dwyer
Vice President, USMedical Affairs Professional Society
Europe Medical Affairs LeadMedical Affairs Professional Society
Director, US Medical Excellence & Strategic ProjectsMedical Affairs Professional Society
Medical Omnichannel HeadMedical Affairs Professional Society
Sr. Director, Medical AffairsMedical Affairs Professional Society
Medical Affairs ConsultantMedical Affairs Professional Society
EVP, Head of DigitalMedical Affairs Professional Society
AVP US Field MedicalMedical Affairs Professional Society
Head Global OBU Medical Information and Review, Global Medical Affairs OncologyMedical Affairs Professional Society
Resources Related to Digital Strategy
https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Podcast-WordPress-Evermed-011722.png 321 845 Mary Gluckle https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/MAPS-Logo_no-tagline.png Mary Gluckle2022-01-18 12:11:562022-01-18 12:11:56Education Streaming: A New Way to Engage HCPs in Scientific Exchange
This podcast explores how Medical Affairs can implement a Netflix-like, education streaming strategy to obtain direct access to HCPs and engage with them repeatedly.
https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Screen-Shot-2021-03-04-at-5.56.12-PM.png 1332 2744 Medical Affairs Professional Society https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/MAPS-Logo_no-tagline.png Medical Affairs Professional Society2022-01-11 16:14:522022-01-12 10:52:04Leadership Perspectives – The Impact of Digital on Healthcare
Here John Pracyk, MD, PhD, MBA, MAPS President of the Americas Region speaks with some of the top Medical Affairs leaders from Johnson & Johnson as they share their perspective on the impact of Digital on Healthcare.
https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Copy-of-PODCAST-Featured-Images-2.png 321 845 Mary Gluckle https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/MAPS-Logo_no-tagline.png Mary Gluckle2022-01-03 10:03:082022-01-03 10:03:08Digital First Scientific Communications – How digital is transforming scientific communications EPISODE 3: Article-Level Metrics: The Change Agent of Medical Publishing
This podcast focuses on publication metrics, specifically on how article-level metrics are impacting and creating new opportunities for medical publication and what metrics we should be tracking.
https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Digital-SCiComm-Ep-02-Podcast-Image.png 321 845 Mary Gluckle https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/MAPS-Logo_no-tagline.png Mary Gluckle2021-12-13 13:39:162021-12-16 13:20:54Digital First Scientific Communications – How digital is transforming scientific communications EPISODE 2: Enhanced Publication Content Today and Tomorrow
This podcast focuses on different forms of enhanced publication content (EPC) and new approaches that might change manuscript development.
https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/On-Demand-WordPress-Digital-Webinar-December-8.png 321 845 Mary Gluckle https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/MAPS-Logo_no-tagline.png Mary Gluckle2021-12-08 01:33:372021-12-10 18:09:54Next-Gen Medical Information Leveraging Digital to Enable Self-Service and Omnichannel Experience
In this webinar, three panelists explain how medical information teams are transforming customer experience through digital technology.
https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Digital-SciComm-Ep01-PODCAST-Featured-Images.png 321 845 Mary Gluckle https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/MAPS-Logo_no-tagline.png Mary Gluckle2021-12-06 15:55:372021-12-15 13:19:46Digital First Scientific Communications – How digital is transforming scientific communications EPISODE 1 – The Digital Transformation of Medical Journal Publishing
This podcast focuses on the journal publishing industry, discussing how medical journal publishing is changing and what changes we might see in the future.
https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/On-Demand-WordPress-PC-Webinar-HCG-November-12.png 321 845 Mary Gluckle https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/MAPS-Logo_no-tagline.png Mary Gluckle2021-11-12 01:41:132021-11-15 22:52:33Medical Affairs & Social Media 2.0: The Evolving Model of HCP Engagement
In this webinar, a panel of social media and medical communications experts discuss the evolving trends and models for pharma and biotech medical communications.
https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/IQVIA-Podcast-3-Featured.png 321 845 Mary Gluckle https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/MAPS-Logo_no-tagline.png Mary Gluckle2021-08-16 12:50:532021-08-20 12:57:22The Evolving use of Social Media in Medical Affairs
This podcast sponsored by IQVIA explores social media for insights and thought leader identification.
https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Digital-Decision-Tree-Featured.png 321 845 Medical Affairs Professional Society https://medicalaffairs.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/MAPS-Logo_no-tagline.png Medical Affairs Professional Society2021-08-16 11:00:582021-08-16 11:01:22Digital Decision Tree: Have You Taken the Digital Quotient Quiz?
Are you a digital Jedi Master, a Jedi Knight, or Padawan? Or are your digital transformation skills stuck in the Dark Side? Take the Digital Quotient Quiz to find out!